Translate

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Tie It Up With a Bow

That's what I kind of want to do here.  I don't like the idea of having an unfinished project out there.  So here are some pictures of the doors and dogs of Granada.  The city has a lot of charming colonial architecture.  For such a poor country the doors of some houses are much nicer than the actual houses.









Dogs are everywhere in Nicaragua; in towns, at border crossings.  There is an artist in Granada that paints local dogs.  The idea to photograph some of the actual dogs came to me kind of late so I do not have too many.








I have never seen a starving dog in person before.  It is heart wrenching to see their little hip bones poking out.  These are obviously not the starving ones.

Traveling in Nicaragua was an enriching experience and gave me much needed perspective.  I came home from Nica. feeling like a very rich American, appreciating everything I saw.  Everything is shiny and straight.   I hope to hang on to that appreciation in the long run.  You and I have it so good here in the U.S.A.  I took it for granted.

2 out of 3 adventures DONE.  On to the next one!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful to see your blog. Keep it up. Where are the doors of Asheville? I have a dog you can post. Anyway, I hope God blesses you with a wonderful place for you to settle. I want you to stay here. That is my selfish motive. God only knows & soon you will too. So I pray that more will be revealed. Love. Carol Vare

    ReplyDelete